Thursday, January 10, 2008

Smiling & Sleeping!

It's been a big week here for us. Ryan gave us two great gifts this week - he's smiling AND sleeping through the night!

For five days in a row, he's slept very well. Last night was awesome, he slept 11:00 pm - 7:40 am! A couple of nights have been more like midnight to 6:00 am, but WAY better than getting up for the 3:30 feeding!

And, Ryan is also smiling now! It's the most wonderful thing in the world. That first smile is our payment for surviving those first difficult, emotional, draining weeks. I just love his grins!!! He was so smiley this morning and it really just lights me up. Anyone who knows me knows that I am NOT a morning person, but those grins take all my grumpiness away and fill me with such joy and gratitude for this little guy!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

WOOHOO! He is precious, Laura!

Sandy said...

He is so cute! What a killer smile! ;-)