Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Monkey

Annalise has a favorite stuffed animal named Monkey. She loves him, although lately I'm thinking that Monkey is a bad influence on her because he seems to be blamed for everything naughty that Annalise does. I've been hearing "Monkey told me to" a lot lately. Oh well, bad influence or not, he is her beloved friend.

So, this morning Annalise announced that today was Monkey's birthday. She said we needed to "make a ton of birthday hats." We had nothing else planned for the day, so why not a Monkey birthday party? We decided to move the party to my parents' house, and my dad even bought some mini-cupcakes for the big event.

Before the party Annalise said to me, "Mommy, I have tears." I said, "Why?" She said, "Because Monkey is getting so big, isn't that sad?" Hahaha, good grief. Anyway, Annalise & I made party hats for everyone (even Monkey's "friends") and we all sang. Cheesy, yes, but not a bad way to spend a beautiful October afternoon. Happy Birthday, Monkey!
A closeup of Monkey
Monkey making a wish
Monkey's party guests
"Nee" passing out cupcakes
"Papa" and Ryan enjoying the party

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Something she will always remember!

Alicia said...

How cute! Made me smile. :)

LeeAnne said...

Silly me ... I saw the "Happy Birthday Monkey" title and assumed it was Annalise's birthday! ;-) What a cute party -- I'm impressed at how quickly you threw together such a fun day!

Mandy said...

Precious! I love the pictures -

3LittleFlowers said...

OMG!!! precious!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for the idea!!!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!