Friday, January 2, 2009

Another Round of Annalise-isms

Annalise has been obsessed with the movie "The Sound of Music" lately. It's on the DVR and she asks to watch it daily. While watching, she asked if Leisl was looking for "Old Man Maria." I said, "What?" and then realized that she meant Fraulein Maria!

Today she said, "Mommy, we really need to get a new TV. Ours is scratchy, and we need to get a new one with no commercials." I agree!

Annalise has been very into clothes lately. I often call her a "fashionista." The other day she put something on and said, "Look, I'm fashional."

The other day I had been watching the movie "Waitress" while Annalise napped. When she got up, I'd gone into the kitchen to make dinner and didn't turn the movie off. I realized that the childbirth scene was on, and although it's not graphic, there is a lot of yelling and screaming. I glanced in the living room and sure enough, Annalise was mesmerized, staring at the TV with huge eyes. She ran into the kitchen and said, "Mommy! I don't want to go to the hostible (hospital)! I don't want to grow a baby in my tummy! I'm scared!"

I was changing Ryan's diaper the other day and she said, "Mommy, Ryan's pee-pee parts are different from mine." I said, "Yes, boys and girls have different parts." She said, "Yes, and an octopus has TEN pee-pee parts!"

2 comments:

LeeAnne said...

When you find a TV with no commercials, please let me know! :)

ViolinMama said...

Hey Girl!

All this "attitude and gratitude" won you a blog award!!! :) Check out today's long update and collect it.

See you soon!!