Monday, February 9, 2009

A New Angel in Heaven

Many of you know the story of my friend Corinne's beautiful daughter, Chloe. (See my most recent post.) Today Chloe passed away peacefully while sleeping. She was 19 months old. It has been a long, terrible struggle. Spinal Muscular Atrophy is an absolutely horrific disease, and Chloe fought such a brave battle against it, as did her wonderful parents. I only got to meet Chloe in person once, but she has changed my outlook on life forever. And my friend Corinne has taught me so much about motherhood, selfless love, and what truly matters in life. I hope that up in Heaven, Chloe is finally able to do all the things her earthly body wouldn't allow her to do -- running, skipping, dancing, twirling, singing...

I love you, Chloe!

4 comments:

LeeAnne said...

Oh, Laura, I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine the pain that Chloe's family, esp. her parents, are going through. I think of her and pray for her often; now I'll be praying that your friends find God's peace throughout this terrible storm. And you too. Big hugs.

Sandy said...

Oh no, Laura! I am so sorry to hear this. I will be thinking of their family. Hugs to you and them.

Candy said...

I am so sorry to hear that Chloe has passed away. I remember you telling us her story shortly after she was born. I pray that her family is finding peace and joy from the short time they had with her.

ViolinMama said...

I'm so sorry to read this. I looked back at your visit. What a special, lovely soul and her parents sound like angels too.

God Bless her, them, and all who are suffering this loss. Her gain, everyone's loss.