Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Annalise a Future Hoarder?

So, tonight I looked in Annalise's "playroom," which is just an area behind our sofa in the living room. Even though she has a large toybox and a big cabinet, toys are still piled up everywhere. I said to her, "Annalise, let's look in your playroom and gather some toys that you don't want to keep." First she started dragging toys one-by-one to the center of the room that she DID want to keep. So, instead I said, "Okay, just bring me the things you do NOT want to keep." She walked around her playroom for a while, dug through her toybox, and peeked inside her backpack, all the while mumbling to herself, "Hmmm...what do I not want to keep..." Do you know what she came up with?

A small sticker she peeled from a plastic table, a tiny bouncy ball, and a white crayon.

Hahahaha...this is why all the "toy purges" take place when she is at school or napping. I can fill a garbage bag and she never even knows anything is missing!

2 comments:

Michele said...

On the plus side, she seems to value what she has! :) Good luck with the purging.

Candy said...

That's when I do it, too! Otherwise they'll only give up 2 or 3 things and they usually belong to her sister!