Friday, June 27, 2008

Another round of Annalise-isms

Annalise is getting older, and she is obviously speaking more clearly. I admit that I miss hearing the words she once mispronounced or used incorrectly. So, I thought I'd make a list of the things she currently doesn't say correctly because they are so cute and I don't want to forget. Soon enough she'll be saying these correctly as well...

  • Music is "you-sic"
  • Short sleeves are "up sleeves"
  • Lemonade is "Len-uh-made"
  • Chipmunks are "Chicksmunks"
  • Candy Cane is "Candy can"
  • The Beatles are "The Beebles"
  • A belt (for pants) is a "Seat belt"
  • Hospital is "Hoss-tuh-ble"
  • Computer is "puter"
  • When singing "Twinkle Twinkle," instead of "Up above the world so high," she says "Papa love ya world so high."
  • When telling us a story, she always says "Once upon a time, in a very land."
  • Behind is "up-hind"
  • Instead of "My heart is beating," she says "My heart is beeping."
  • And, our all-time favorite, which she's had wrong for years is: Piggy Bank is "Pibby Cake"

Also, a few funny/unexpected things she has said this week:

  • When the toilet was running longer than usual, she said, "Uh-oh, we need to call a plumber." (I had no idea she knew what a plumber was!)
  • She was showing something or other to my dad, and she said, "Papa, you can blog this!"
  • When a friend called, Ricky answered the phone and said, "Long time, no see." Annalise said, "Daddy speaks Spanish!" Hahaha...
  • She was singing a song to me and then asked me to sing one. She passionately said, "Mommy, sing loudly, loudly...FROM YOUR HEART!"
  • Today she said to me, "Mommy, do you want to come see my little brother named Ryan?"

6 comments:

Michele said...

Those are great, and I must admit- I wish everyone were so willing to be "blogged about". :)

3LittleFlowers said...

You are cracking me up.... LOL... This is just too funny.... I may have to post about Gaby too....

Alicia said...

Oh, these are so cute! Rebekah says 'lemonade' wrong too. I can't even remember how she says it though. I need to jot some of Rebekah's mispronunciations as well. They're just too cute to forget!

Candy said...

So cute! I write down things like this for my scrapbook of the girls. They are so cute and sweet to remember.

My sister just got her hair cut real short (ear length) and when Lilly saw it she goes, "Auntie got a short-cut!"

Sandy said...

SO cute! I love Pibby Cake!!

I am tagging you for a meme someone tagged me on. Check out my blog to play - http://blueberrykisses.blogspot.com/2008/07/meme.html

Alicia said...

Tag - You've been Meme'd. Check out my blog for details: http://our-2-blessings.blogspot.com.