Sunday, June 15, 2008

To the Dads in My Life

I am blessed to have many men in my life whom I love and admire. Some of them are dads, some are not. But, today I'd like to give a "shout out" to the three most important "Dads" in my life.

To Ricky, I am so proud of the Daddy you are to Annalise & Ryan. For someone who was always a bit nervous about fatherhood, you are a natural. The kids' eyes light up when they see you come home every day, and that makes me so proud of you & happy for them. No matter how exhausted you are, you never turn down Annalise's requests for "chase," "Candyland," or "Tick Tock." Thank you for working so hard for our family, and thanks for bringing such laughter and joy to our lives. You are a wonderful dad & we love you!

To my Dad (Annalise & Ryan's "Papa"), you are such a gift to our family. Whether it is fixing our broken appliances or playing Polly Pockets with Annalise, you are always there for us no matter what. And even if I roll my eyes at the silly things you teach Annalise, I actually love it because those are the things that Annalise will remember when she's all grown up. I admire you so much as a father, and I am so happy that my kids love you just as much as I do!

To Ricky's Dad (Annalise & Ryan's "Poppy"), we are always thinking of you even though you are far away. Every time Annalise is with you, she just lights up, and I can't wait to see Ryan do the same in a few weeks. (I will make sure that Annalise
brushes up on her U.S. Capitals before our visit - haha!) You are proof that a grandparent doesn't have to be down the road to be a much-loved, important part of a child's life. We are so grateful for you and we love you!

No comments: