Sunday, March 16, 2008

Annalise's First Movie!

Today Ricky and I decided to go ahead and take Annalise to see her first movie at the theater. We saw Horton Hears a Who. I got a little nervous when we walked into the theater, which was already dark and loud, and Annalise had big tears in her eyes saying, "I don't want to go in there!" Oops - I had prepared her to sit quietly & wait patiently through the previews, but I forgot about the darkness and noise level. Luckily she heard kids laughing and decided it would be okay.

Anyway, Annalise really enjoyed the movie! Or, well, she mostly enjoyed her popcorn, fruit snacks, and an especially rare treat - a Sprite. She repeatedly said to me, I'm having a soda!" Thankfully the movie was only 88 minutes, yet it outlasted the snacks and she began to get a bit antsy. However, all-in-all it was a lot of fun to take her and hear her squeal & giggle (particularly at parts that weren't even funny). She didn't ask me nearly as many questions as I feared, and she really did far better than I could have hoped. I'm looking forward to our next kid movie!

3 comments:

LeeAnne said...

Fun! I'm glad to hear she did well during the movie (and that it's fairly short) ... I think we might take Maggie next weekend. Was it crowded?

Candy said...

Yeah, I'm so glad she did well! The dark was what got to Lilly the first time, too. Anyway, I'm glad everything went well and it was a good experience for you all!

Alicia said...

Yay! That's great that Annalise did so well for her first movie! My parents took Rebekah to see VeggieTales for her first movie, and she seemed to do well also. She got excited seeing all the familiar characters. We haven't taken her ourselves yet, but this seems to be a good age. Glad you all had a good time!