Saturday, March 29, 2008

You're Never Too Old To Want Your Mommy

It's been quite a week around here. Annalise and I have had bad colds, pink eye, and in the past two days, we've battled a stomach virus. Friday it hit Annalise, and at exactly 6:00 a.m. Saturday, it was my turn. I'm still battling it, but I'm starting to feel a bit better. I'm hoping I'll be well soon, as Annalise was a new little girl the day after she got sick. (And please, Lord, don't let Ricky & Ryan get sick!)

Anyway, this morning when I woke up sick, Annalise and Ryan decided to get up early as well. Ricky was working, so I was alone. All I can say is suddenly I felt like a little girl who wanted her mommy! That sounds pathetic since most moms just rally their strength and get through situations like this. However, I'm blessed to have my parents just five minutes away. So, when called upon, my mom immediately came to my rescue. And my Dad, too. Mom came over at 8:00 a.m. and sent me straight to bed. Meanwhile she fed and entertained the kids and she sent my dad to the store for all the essentials - Gatorade, chicken & rice soup, and crackers. She stayed at our house for eight hours until Ricky came home.

Mom, if you read this, I remember that every time I got sick as a child, you would sit next to me for the longest time, gently stroking my hair. I loved it. It was one of my favorite things, and had you not been busy with my little ones today, I may have made a request for you to do it again! (No I'm not kidding.) No matter how old you get, I suppose there is nothing like the love you get from your Mom & Dad. Thanks for all of your help, you are a true gift from God!

My Sweet Dad & Mom

6 comments:

Alicia said...

We had the horrible stomach virus go through our entire household right before Christmas. NO FUN! I pray you get to feeling lots better soon and that it doesn't spread. How special to have your parents so close! My mom was a lifesaver for us too. Get well soon!

Mandy said...

We are blessed, blessed, blessed. How wonderful that your parents are so helpful. Hope you are feeling better soon!

3LittleFlowers said...

Sometimes when I feel really sick, I just want to call my mom, so she can tell me that everything is going to be fine....

Candy said...

Been there, done that! My mom is only 15 mins away and has rescued me on those days, too. We are all so blessed to still have our parents with us here on earth. I hope and pray you are all feeling better and staying healthy!

LeeAnne said...

Aww, is your mom available for rent? ;) I had pinkeye last week too, and Maggie now has some sort of ick -- fever and cough and runny nose. We're heading to the dr. tomorrow ... fun.

Michele said...

Yep, you're never too old to want her, but some of us have to face facts that just because you want something doesn't mean you're going to get it! :) You're wise to know how blessed you are. (Most take their blessings for granted.) Hope you feel 100% soon!