Friday, March 7, 2008

Why, why, and more why...

Annalise is nearly 3.5, and I had decided she may be old enough to go see a movie at the theater. Ricky and I had planned to take her to see "Horton Hears a Who" next week. I've really been looking forward to it, but I'm now having second thoughts. I'm sitting here with her watching "Home Alone," which she has never seen, and she can't seem to go longer than 10 seconds without asking me questions about what the characters are doing. I told her that if we go to the theater, she isn't allowed to talk. Of course she asked why. I suggested we practice being at the movies by quietly watching "Home Alone." Didn't work. Needless to say, it is not looking promising that she will have her first movie theater experience next week. We'll see!

3 comments:

Candy said...

You may be surprised, Laura! Lilly was the same way but there must be something about the theater. She is mesmerized every time we go (she's been 3-4 times now) and won't take her eyes off the screen or mutter a word. Good luck if you do go!

LeeAnne said...

Ha ha ha! Annalise is a girl after my own heart. Bobby hates watching "his" movies with me because I'm constantly asking questions. Drives him nuts ...

Desiree said...

I've been curious to see how Brianna would do at the theater too. I've heard a lot of people say that their child(ren) do really well. If you go, I hope it goes well!